Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Trip to NewPort



Sunday morning... trip to the ocean! It's the second time I've been there (the first one was before summer) but for Pere was the first.

As we were heading the ocean in Erin's car the day was getting rainy and uglier. After a one hour drive we finally arrived at our first stop in NewPort aquarium. Fortunately the rain almost ceased so we saw the outdoors exhibits (birds, seals and sealions) first. The indoors exhibits were as I expected, it's like Barcelona's aquarium, big tanks and also smaller ones with anemone, crabs, octopus... I didn't see as much variety of fish though. And surprisingly there were no groupers, nor sea bass, nor tropical fish. However I saw one cabezon like the one I catched with Samuel in Seattle before summer in my trip to Olympia (WA).

After buying presents for my nieces Claudia and Julieta I felt really hungry so we went to have lunch at a restaurant were I had an American ration of seafood which I could not finish.

By the time we finished lunch the sunset was all set up so we rushed to dress with our leopard thongs, sunscreen and towels and headed the beach. Just kidding, in fact it was very cold but at least it was not as windy as expected so we were able to take very beautiful pictures without freezing our hands. The tides left a very thin and flat water surface that reflected a colorful sunset sky, wonderful.

As the sun went down the temperature dropped fast so we rushed into the car were we all, but our nice driver Erin, took a nap (sorry about that Erin). Most of our way back was foggy, dark and scary because we got deviated from the main road due to an accident. But we got home just in time for a farewell dinner at MarcLaura&Pol's house. Why farewell? Because I'm heading back to Barcelona in two days, Woooo !!!!!!!!!

I'm listening to "Comfortably Numb" by "Scissor Sisters"

4 Comments:

At 5:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

munica afoto. tesperem am panderetes!

 
At 2:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ja hi tornem a ser. abandones un blog perquè te'n vas de viatge, i això ell mai no ho faria.
va, fes un back in town o algo.
keep up the good job

 
At 2:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooops. keep up the good work, volia dir.

 
At 12:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

backtobcn YA!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home